[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: LoadLibrary and ABI

  • From: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 01:21:45 +0200

Michael Whapples, le Sun 28 Jun 2009 00:17:09 +0100, a écrit :
> >Just loading the proper version should always work.
>
> This relies on us guaranteeing we know what version we have before we
> load it.

That's precisely what my patch achieves: include in the __init__.py
script the precise filename that was used when compiling liblouis. If
the filename does not provide ABI correctness then it's not a bug of the
python bindings but of the C library itself. Additionally testing the
version through functions does not bring you any better assurance (or at
least it's not supposed to, and if it does it's a bug of the C library).

Samuel