[liblouis-liblouisxml] Is this a safe development procedure?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:02:47 -0600

I have a live copy of the svn repository. So far I've been doing
development and testing in a separate directory tree. However, this
means that I will have to copy all changed files from that tree to the
svn tree before making a commit. This can lead to errors. It seems to me
that I could do development directly in my copy of the repository. If I
run autogen.sh in that copy the generated configure Makefile.in, etc.
files should make no difference to svn, since they aren't in its file
lists. I can then do building in a separate directory with a statement
like ../svnrep/configure, make, make install. Then when testing is done
I can just do a commit without having to worry about not having copied
some files.

I'm planning a big commit early next week. The problem with French Grade
2 braille has been fixed. There will also be a completed lou_debug tool.
een replaced by "TranslationTable."
You will notice that in the code
"ContractionTable" has been replaced by "TranslationTable." The former
term was a holdover from brltty, but it doesn't make much sense in
documentation, considering the expanded role of the table. The change is
actually long overdue.

Thanks to all of you who are helping me learn what I need to know to
make this project a real success.

My websites:
http://www.godtouches.org
http://www.jjb-software.com