[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Going back to a previous version of liblouis

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:03:11 +1000

Hi John,

You'll first need to find the revision number you want to go back to using:
svn log
(You can enter a rough date to find a revision, but it's probably better to use the log, as the log messages will hopefully guide you to find the right revision.)
You can then roll back to the old file using:
svn update -r revision filename
replacing revision and filename as appropriate.
You can also just get the old file without overwriting the current file by doing:
svn cat -r revision filename > outputFilename

Jamie

On 29/07/2011 5:01 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
Now we do need the history information in the svn repository. My latest
attempts to fix emphasis problems have only broken things that were
already working. I need to go back to the versions of
lou_translateString.c lou_backTranslateString.c and transcommon.ci from
about three months ago. Does anyone know how to do this in svn? Or
perhaps someone has the tarball of the nest-to-last release.

When I wrote the emphasis and capitalization algorithms I was unaware of
the requirements of many braille codes, in particular putting
end-of-emphasis and of capitalization after the last word of a phrase,
rather than before. The presient algorithm will have to be replaced,
probably by an extension of the context opcode with a new emphasis
opcode.

For anyone who wants to get dizzy, the problem is in the function
validMatch in lou-translateString.c, but it may not be limited to that
function.

James Teh
Vice President, Developer
NV Access Inc, ABN 61773362390