[liblouis-liblouisxml] German G2 with caps and mixed caps

  • From: Waschmasche <waschmasche@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 00:58:05 +0200

Hello,

I'm new to the list. I use Liblouis indirectly via NVDA screenreader and would also like to use G2 translators for German Grade2 brail. by now, the table does not support any sign of capitalisation in G2 and the other Non-computerbraille tables for German, as LibLouis seems not to support inside-word capitalisation like in LibLouis. According to the annotations in the according tables, this is the reason for leaving out capitalization rules at all and prevents the regular use of G2 with a screenreader, when you have to check capitalization, which in German language is important. As I am not technically used to the system of tables, I cannot go further than suggesting from the user's point of view how the table should translate. So my suggestion is to implement capitalization in the regular German tables that are non-computerbraille.

Best regards,
Arne