[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Fwd: Spacing Problem

  • From: Chris von See <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:37:35 -0700

Hi Christian -

No, I didn't do a "make install" on liblouis because the system I'm building on is not the system that liblouis and liblouisxml will run on. I guess it makes sense that this be part of the problem, although it would be nice if the make process were nicer about the error it threw in this case...

Thanks for checking back.

Chris von See
Senior Geek
TechAdapt, Inc.
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Save trees.  Print only when necessary.

On Aug 11, 2009, at 5:56 AM, Christian Egli wrote:

Hi Chris

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 08:36 -0700, Chris von See wrote:
I ran into a problem with the makefile for liblouisxml, and John
suggested that I post to the list to see if any of you autotools gurus
know what's going on...

Did you ever get an answer on this? I compile and run liblouisxml on
Ubuntu 9.04 without a problem. Did you actually install liblouis, i.e.
did you do

$ cd src/liblouis
$ sudo make install

before attempting to build liblouisxml?

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired