[liblouis-liblouisxml] Extracting other common segments from tables

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:05:15 +0100

Hi Vic,

If I understood your current task correctly, you are familiarising yourself
with the tables.
It would be really great if you could make a list of tables/languages that use
the same dots for a given section of characters.
I think view plus can help you in this matter by providing you the formal
braille documentation for the supported languages.

For example, I believe that many languages use the same dots for round
brackets, square brackets and braces.
We should pull them out just like we did with a-zA-Z

Then the same should be done for punctuation, and math symbols.

These files will be core liblouis table files, much like
latinLetterDef6Dots.uti and friends.
the vision I have for each language table is to be a few lines of include
statements.
Each language table can quickly be built up (like lego blocks), simply by
 including the appropriate uti files.

This should reduce the amount of errors in tables.

Are you a braille reader? and if so do you have access to a braille display?

How do you feel about this idea?

Thanks,
Mesar