[liblouis-liblouisxml] Enhancements to liblouisutdml

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:45:55 -0500

Bert Frees has introduced a number of enhancements to liblouisutdml
which are being used in the Daisy Pipeline. They currently apply only to
formatFor textDevice. They include various optionns for Braille and
print page numbers, orphan and wido control, and the ability to avoid
splitting a paragraph between pages. All of them are contrrolled by
configuration settings. I have told him that I would apply them to
formatFor utd brf and so on when the bugs in the present UTDML were
resolved. Some of them, such as style handling, apply automatically.
From the beginning I suspected that UTDML would be buggy. This has
turned out to be true. Many of the bugs are just now being discovered as
UTDML is usedd more extensively.

The new configuration settings need documentation, whenever we can find
someone to do that.