[liblouis-liblouisxml] Emphasis opcodes

  • From: Christian Waldvogel <christian.waldvogel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:42:54 +0100

I am a bit confused about emphasis opcodes:

Question 1:

In german braille, a single word in italics is prefixed by dots 456. If more than one word is italicised, the first word is prefixed by dots 456-456, the last word suffixed by dots 6-3.

Therefore, I tried the following:
firstwordital 456-456
lastworditalafter 6-1
lenitalphrase 1

Since the use of italsign/lastworditalefore together with lastworditalafter is not allowed, I don't see a way to tell the translator what to do in case of a single word. Am I missing something?

Question 2:

Liblouis writes the dot pattern indicated with the opcode lastworditalafter as a "prefix" of the first word following the italics. Is there a way to force it to be a "suffix" of the last italicised word?

Thanks for any advice.

Christian (Waldvogel)

--

Christian Waldvogel

Schweizerische Bibliothek für Blinde, Seh- und Lesebehinderte
SBS Medienverlag
Grubenstrasse 12
CH-8045 Zürich