[liblouis-liblouisxml] Danish computer braille table

  • From: plundblad@xxxxxxxxxx (Peter Nilsson Lundblad)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:31:26 -0800

Hi,

I am having a user reporting errors in the Danish computer
braille table (tables/da.ctb) and looking at that table, it seems
to have some deviations from the Danish brltty table that don't make sense to
me.  Is there anyone who is familiar with Danish computer braille
who would be willing to work with me to try to fix these problems?

I am concerned with the folliwing definitions (with comments inline):

uppercase \x00c2 16             LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH CIRCUMFLEX
==> This has the same dot representation as:
lowercase \x00e5 16             LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH RING ABOVE
It seems like \x00c2 is inconsistent since other capitals contain
dot 7.  In brltty this is dots 1678 which would match the corresponding
small letter (\x00e2 which has dots 168).

uppercase \x00c6 345            LATIN CAPITAL LETTER AE
lowercase \x00e6 345            LATIN SMALL LETTER AE
As you can see, these two have the same dot representation.
Seems like the uppercase letter is missing dot 7 (which is what brltty
has: 3457).

uppercase \x00d8 246            LATIN CAPITAL LETTER O WITH STROKE
lowercase \x00f8 246            LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE
Same as above, the capital letter seems to be missing dot 7.

Digging in svn, these were introduced in revision 238.
According to the change log, they are 'bug fixes', but I am
doubtful;)

Anyone who knows Danish braille?

Regards,
//Peter