[leveller] Re: Texture map possibility?

  • From: Ray Gardener <rayg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:29:26 -0800

Yes, there's basically two ways, simple and layered. The latter involves
a shader plug-in with the raytracer.

To just overlay a bitmap image onto the heightfield, access View,
Texture... and set the dialog params. You can also drag and drop bitmap
files from a Windows folder window onto the 3D scene pane, if they have
a JPG/JPEG/BMP/TGA/PNG extension. Make sure you toggle the texture
visibility in the scene pane (the checkerboard button) or go to View,
Scene Properties... and check 'Texture'.

To do layered texture bitmaps, access the raytracer and then the
Imagemap colorizing shader (press the '...' button next to the combo
box). There you can assign several bitmap files and their transparancy
levels. The raytracer's 'Bumpmap' bumpmapping shader lets you perturb
surface normals with a grayscale bitmap.

Ray