Re: Meeting on Sunday

  • From: Zbigniew Łukasiak <zzbbyy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lesswrongpoland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 21:04:42 +0200

Dear All,

Thanks for organizing this meeting and for coming!

I have already been to two meetings before this one - but I have never properly introduced myself, so here it is:

I am currently living the life of a cryptocurrency speculator. Not very happy with the non-productive nature of this activity I became also an angel investor in startups (if you know any interesting startups looking for investments let me know, as to what 'interesting' means for me - this is very hard to answer, if I get too many introductions I'll try to define it).

Currently, after reading Ray Dalio's blog posts I am quite preoccupied with the theory that the reserve currency status of US dollar could diminish quite soon. I guess this is exactly something that you would expect from a crypto speculator - but I am not a very big fan of cryptos, I was lucky to invest early - but I don't like the zero-sum nature of this game.
I also think that an event like this could be an occasion for the rational community to shine - like with shorting Covid.

Some time ago I also used to be a vice-president of the Polish Pirate Party.

Cheers,

Zbigniew

https://medium.com/@zby

**

On 7/16/20 2:21 PM, Michał Kaftanowicz wrote:

Dear Lea & All,

Thank you for taking the initiative! I created related events for our FB group (LessWrong Poland) and Meetup dot com community to make sure that more people know about it. Please let me know if you'd like me to update the event description or add you as an organizer.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 6:54 PM Lea Berriault <leaberriault@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:leaberriault@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Dear all,

    In the absence of official events, some of us will have an
    informal meeting this Sunday 2pm at Bar Studio.

    Everyone is welcome!

    Cheers,

Pozdrawiam / Best regards,
Michał Kaftanowicz