[lektrik_flyers] Re: suppliers and prices

  • From: Bill Beavers <bbeavers57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

Ah, well I misled you.  I meant battery connect wire
for the motor to battery.  I want the high amp 16 to
18 guage fine strand wire for max sustained power.
The kind of wire Radio Shack keeps isn't what I want
for that even though they have the colored variety, I
already have some very nice red and black 12 guage
fine strand wire so will probably just use it for this
mega motor I got.  I now need some gold connectors.  I
guess I will either have to order some or make a run
today to Mark's.

--- Philip Johnson <oldcoot.phil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> 20-22 Ga. for med
> 24- 26 and low rev/higturn/ high torque 28-32. The
> color doesn't help
> much since if the direction of rotation is wrong,
> you just reverse any
> 2 wires.
> Phil
>
> On 7/27/05, Bill Beavers <bbeavers57@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > It never ceases to amaze me the variance of
> product
> > prices from one vendor to the next when all you
> would
> > like to be able to do is one stop shop
> occassionally
> > just to make it easier.  I guess that is why they
> call
> > it shopping! ;-)
> >
> > For instance maxxprod had the Multiplex Jet like
> John
> > Gray has for $52 while Hobby People (who was
> running
> > it on sale until the 28th) had it for $65 ON SALE!
> > And at the same time, Allerc has the Phoneix 35
> > brushless ESC for $65 while maxxprod has that
> > controller for $95.
> >
> > It DEFINITELY pays to shop around! Sheesh.
> >

> > Hey who is a good source for the fine strand motor
> > wire for brushless motors, or is just some good 16
> > guage wire or so good enough?  Does Mark sell the
> > black/white/red colors?  I like to match the wire
> > color to the motor to make connections easier to
> deal
> > with and I am just like doing it that way.
> >
> > Weather is getting better... I THINKS we need to
> > FLY!!! ;-)
> >

> > Bill Beavers
> > Director of Technology
> > Vilonia School District
> > beaversb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > http://vilonia.k12.ar.us

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

> wish to be a member of this listserv, please follow
> the link
> (//www.freelists.org/list/lektrik_flyers) and
> follow the onscreen prompts to be removed from this
> list.  Should this not work for you send an email to
> bbeavers57@xxxxxxxxx and supply the email address
> you wish to have removed from the listserv, and this
> will be done at the earliest available opportunity.
> Visit our website at
> http://users.tcworks.net/~bbeavers/.  Thank you and
> we hope you continue to enjoy being a member of the
> lektrik flyers.

> wish to be a member of this listserv, please follow
> the link
> (//www.freelists.org/list/lektrik_flyers) and
> follow the onscreen prompts to be removed from this
> list.  Should this not work for you send an email to
> bbeavers57@xxxxxxxxx and supply the email address
> you wish to have removed from the listserv, and this
> will be done at the earliest available opportunity.
> Visit our website at
> http://users.tcworks.net/~bbeavers/.  Thank you and
> we hope you continue to enjoy being a member of the

by a fellow member.  If you no longer wish to be a member of this listserv,