[lektrik_flyers] Flying Sunday

  • From: Bill Beavers <bbeavers57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lekrik Flyers List <lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:28:03 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I thought the flying day was pretty spectacular
even though I had my share of problems, as I know did
David and Johnny.  But hey, it was great to get out
and give it a go.  Got some really good flying in as
well.  I think the Pitts 12 will be just incredible
when I can get my throw problems and stuff worked out.
 Man the power! :)

Wingo didn't disappoint with the newly hand crafted
P51 with a touch of barnwood and a hint of old slow
stick parts in it! :D  Always fun to watch his
machines.

John simply has some of the nicest flying stuff going
right nonw in the electric realm, with that Wildcat
and the brushless upgrade to his Slinger and the Edge
540.  I think David and I were both drooling over some
of those flights.

David is regressing and brought out a Slow Stik he has
put together, so he decided slummin' with us Slow
Stik'ers wasn't so bad after all! ;-)  Just keepin' it
slow and low!

And Ross... man what can you say... that kid has
mastered several planes, and now the Eagle is at his
beck and call whenever he powers it up.  Truly fun to
watch him with it, but I think his skill at landing it
is maybe the  most impressive.

Anyway, I sure enjoyed the day.  Hope the weather
holds up for another round of it soon.  John Cooper
should be back about a week from tomorrow (Monday).
Maybe the weather will hold for us to get some more
flying in soon.  Sure wish some of you other guys
would add to our airspace.  Bring your rigs out and
fly with us... if you DARE!!! (I think some of you
must know how we fly is what I mean!) ;-)

Hope everybody has a fantastic week.  See you in the
air.

=====
Bill Beavers
Director of Technology and Distance Learning
Arch Ford Education Cooperative
bbeavers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://af1.afsc.k12.ar.us

http://messenger.yahoo.com