[lektrik_flyers] Re: Flying Saturday 24-Nov-12

  • From: "Gene Hatfield" <hatter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:33:12 -0600

Hi Bill, Just a note to let you know that the LAFFS club
will be selling Dick Risk's 20 some planes next Sat morn at the Senior Center
in Fairfield Bay. We will start at 8:30 AM
as this is when our meeting will start. However we will have a short meeting
and probably start selling at 9:00 AM.
Hardly any of the planes have a complete system in them
so I look for them to go at a bargain status.

 Dick was a retired Dentist who lost his wife 3 years ago and then had
back problems which caused him to have surgery which
didn't help and rather than tough it out, caused him to take
his own life. His son called me and said he wanted to give
the planes, etc to the club. We have decided to sell them
and place the proceeds in the treasury. I think there are
3 or 4 electrics and are in good shape, as he never got one to fly. I think
there are planes that can be switched to electric from glow as there are no
motors in them. Hope you can make it and any of your Electric pals. We will
have guys
bringing what they want to sell as the Senior center has a
load of tables. Just mark the stuff at your lowest price or
play the games with prospects if you choose but you will
be competeing with Dick's low priced stuff. Guess I have
rambled long enough. Hope you can make it to our SALE !!
                                                 My Best to You,  Gene