[lektrik_flyers] Flying Saturday 11-14-12

  • From: Bill Beavers <bill.beavers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:53:06 -0500

Saturday is looking to be a fairly nice day for flying.  I'll be heading
over to the Bob Courtway Middle School (http://goo.gl/maps/GVuYY)  to use
the nice field over there around 8:30 to 9am if not a little earlier.
 Anyone is welcome to join me.  Looks like the morning winds are light and
favorable at about 6 mph, with increase to about 11 by 1pm.  Use the link
below in my signature to check the winds aloft for more info.  I have to
tighten a wheel on the Memphis Belle but she should be ready to fly, and I
have a few other planes to tweak but looks like I should have at least a
few planes to get some time in on.  So come on out and fly.

Just wanted to thank the Sky Tigers for a great time at Wattoberfest this
year.  The numbers were down (as they were are LAFFS in Fairfield Bay), but
EVERYONE who attended had a great time.  It is so nice to get to meet up
with some folks who share the same enthusiasm for the hobby, tap in to
their savvy (thanks Marshall Singer and Stan Koperski ?sp) and all who
share advice, trends, innovations, and just the overall sense of fun.

By the way, if you have never seen Stan's large scale heli's, you are
missing a treat, and you can count on his wisdom as he is the National
Champ in the scale heli class flying.

See you in the air.

--

Bill Beavers