[LRflex] Re: widest lens used?

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 07:14:23 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the feedback on the M8 Steve.
I found a nice little thread on L-camera forum specifically dedicated to
posting 'good' images people are still making with M8's.

The link
is:http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/other/112892-m8-photography.html

Going to go find me some Spring Blossoms today. Steve's M9/24mm Summilux shot
has inspired me.

Richard in Michigan

On Apr 1, 2010, at 1:49 PM, Richard Ward wrote:

> Hello Steve,
>   All I have to say is... "H_O_L_Y C_R_A_P". That is a stunner of an image
> for my tastes. The details, shapes, the colors, etc etc - a technical tour de
> force. Gorgeous Spring time in the Neighborhood Image, too. Based on that
> image alone, I'd buy a 24 Summilux/M9 - but alas that's not gonna happen
> unless I can plant nickels and grow a money trees out back. :-)
> Query: Did you own a M8 before getting the M9? An '8' is penciled in (more
> like sharpied in) on my 'To Get' list and I'm wondering if you'd 'warn' me
> off it based on experiences you may have had.

thank you so much kind Sir...and again thank you...

I love the M9 and that lens....

Yes I did have an M8 before, and in fact I still have it...it is wonderful, and
works fine....I have it/use it as a backup, I have thought of selling it, but I
hesistate, ....Steve