[LRflex] Re: sunday's birds

  • From: "telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:45:20 -0500

Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw=2Eca> wrote:

> So there you go eh=3F Now we know his secret! ;-)

Dang it Ted it's supposed to be a SECRET ;-)

In truth there is something to knowing their language which includes body
language as well as vocalizations=2E  Understanding when they feel nervous=
 is
a big help, as is knowing how to act so that my own body language gives
them the message I intended=2E

There's no way I'll be able to duplicate the vocal part of the language fo=
even one bird let alone hundreds of species (plus regional dialects) but
the body language is much more universal and it's related to predator/prey=

relationships=2E  Once this is understood the rest is easy: act like a pre=
species, not like a predator=2E

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www=2Ewildlightphoto=2Ecom