[LRflex] Re: new to DMR

  • From: gary merideth <gtmerideth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:37:53 -0700

Doug,
Boy, am I proud of you.

Here are my thoughts:  Of course they relate to my DMR/R8.
The AWB sometimes goes haywire if you fire the shutter for more than
one exposure.
The shutter release on top of the body is much easier to fire without
motion than the DMR releases.  Maybe I'm just old and shaky.
The controls are intuitive enough that reference is not necessary
after a short time.
A wedding photographer in Chicago,   J R Geffrion has written a
profile for PS/ACR that immediately corrects color.
Adobe's Lightroom is wonderful with the DMR re: exposure, color and
saturation.
Pixel Genius' software named Photokit and PK sharpener are two of the
best tools you can have.  (I'm so serious about these two items I
will fund them as my
contribution to your digital experience.  Just let me know.)
I think you will find that DMR files require much less post
production (often none) than any other DSLR.  I understand you have
no reference.
The Fred Miranda and Leica Customer Forums are full of great info.
FM Alternative Systems is the segment.
The Sandisk ultra ll 2 gig cards work wonderfully and are now down to
less than $100 from $190.
Be sure your firmware is v1.2 currently available for download at the
Leica site.

These are the things I can think of quickly but please,  ask me your
questions.  I'll either know the answer or know how to find it.