[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #52

  • From: Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:44:52 -0800

Yeah.  They're pricing this Leicaficionado off to the shadows.

I got a mailing from Leica about an M8 Traveling Seminar this week.
Couple of "Digital Workflow" professionals gonna teach M8 users how to
do it right.

"Only" US $ 260.00!  That's $ 260.00 further away from me buying an M8.

I'm beginning to think that selling my R8 or 9 and investing in an M7
may not be such a bad idea after all.

Bob

On Feb 22, 2007, at 8:09, LEICAFLEX wrote:

Hi Neil,
Your almost psychic statement re: parallel between Porsche and Leica
business models has converged to the latest announcement yesterday in
the Leica internet newsletter about a summer tour 06/17/2007 -
06/26/2007 by Leica Academy ;-> !
Sure you don't work for Leica marketing ....? (Just kidding!)
See here:
http://www.leica-camera.us/news/events/by_date/5/4771.html
And here's the content for the record on this list:

"Here's your chance to experience firsthand the convergence of
old-world craftsmanship and state-of-the-art technology at two
legendary world-class manufacturing facilities - all while taking in
some of Europe's most spectacular sights, accommodation at first class
hotels, and dining at some of the finest restaurants in the region.

The Leica/Porsche trip, from June 17-26, 2007, includes such memorable
delights as a tour of the charming Romanesque town of Wetzlar,
birthplace of the Leica, a tour of the Leica factory in Solms,
exploring Heidelberg, one of the most beautiful cities in Germany, and
visiting the renowned Porsche automobile factory. You'll even get a
chance to drive a classic Porsche 911 around Switzerland's picturesque
Lake Zurich!

Other highlights include shooting pictures in the Black Forest,
accommodation and dining at the famed resort of Baden-Baden, and
visits to two royal palaces, Neuschwantstein, one of the most famous
castles in Europe, and Linderhof Castle, a rococo masterpiece built in
the ornate French style. This memorable event will conclude with a
one-day photo tour of Munich, the capital of Bavaria and the beer
capital of the world!

This prestigious trip has been arranged and organized by the Leica
Academy, and Leica instructors will be on hand to answer any technical
questions, and to guide you in the use of the latest Leica equipment,
including the landmark Leica M8. Plenty of Leica loaner lenses and
equipment will also be available to help you maximize your
picture-taking potential.

For complete details on prices, scheduling, and to sign up for the
tour of a lifetime, please call David Farkas at Dale Photo & Digital
at (954) 920-3648. "

~ Feel like a deep pocketed purist?  Here's your summer vacation idea!

Wishing you all a Sunny 16 from rainy SF Bay Area.....Eric Chan