[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #125

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:40:48 -0700

Responding to Keith, Philippe said:

>MD: I'm away from home (and my Rs), but from memory you can have a
>try with the winder level pulled slightly apart (1/3 or so) from the
>body and get single shots without winding on to the next one. Sure
>about the R3, not so sure about the R4 and above.

Keith & Philippe:

That's right.  All winder/motor capable R cameras have a clutch in
them, so that if the wind lever is pulled out a wee bit, the motor
will not engage.  This prevents the wind lever flying around when the
motor is activated, taking out your eye (if you're a left eyed
shooter) in the process.

The only drawback to this system is that the MD will not advance the
film until the lever is pushed back to it's "rest" position.

Most winders/motors have a S (single) and C (continuous)
switch.  Make sure, Keith, that it's on S.  That should help.  If it
continues to fire when the button is held down, and the selector is
at 'S', then you need to consider having it serviced.