[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V12 #111

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 11:14:46 -0700

Hi Peter!

Wonderful shot, David.

Thanks, Peter. :-)

Though if I were the rider I would be asking the shoot/saddle-crew if I upset
one of them because something just doesn't look right with the saddle
set-up...

Now, this does not surprise me. Rose mentioned it, too.

Rose is a consummate horse-woman. I, on the other hand, am a photographer. I
enjoy rodeos, but know little of horsemanship.

But, in regular, sanctioned, rodeos, Saddle Bronc riding is done using a
specialized saddle with free swinging stirrups and no horn.

But the Deadman's Creek rodeo is not a sanctioned event. It is a native-run,
"open rodeo". Each rider brings his own saddle and, it seems, they all have
horns! As well, the saddles my fit their own horses, but not necessarily be a
good fit for the bronc. Long term, that might be a problem, but for an 8
second ride - if they're lucky - it makes no real difference. Also, no
"saddle-crew". Each rider saddles his own ride.

There may be other differences between their "regular" saddles and the
specialized or "proper" saddle-bronc-riding saddles, but I am not privy to that
knowledge.

It's this difference in style & rules, that makes Deadman's Creek so much fun!

You are an observant man, my friend.

David.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/DMC_2.html

is active.