[LRFlex] Re: leica R lens on Digital boxes - Canoptikum

  • From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:28:51 -0800 (PST)

Even if the DOF makes it acceptable sharp, it will be a longer focal length,
effectively!  Most people don't realize focal length is increasing as you focus
closer.  E.g. 50mm refers to focal length at infinity.  In other words, the
normal lens has 50mm focal length at infinity, or 100mm focal length at 1:1.
Tom

"Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think so Dave ,
I don't think lens recycling goes that far,but I am thinking of getting an LTM
to EOS adapter and messing about a bit with some old Canon screw mount
mid-range
telephoto lenses for close-ups.
Does anyone know what happens if I fit a Voigtläender 12mm or 15mm via one of
these to it? would stopping right down take the focus range to infinity? or am I
not thinking straight and overlooking something on this idea.
Douglas

http://mail.yahoo.com