[LRflex] Re: inactivity?

  • From: rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:53:21 +0000

Aram, Bille:

You're not crazy;  I had the same thought:  "where is everybody?"

Here's my little "Carte Postale"...

I just did a little shooting, down to the Pacific Ocean.  Very moody,
picturesque area on Washington coast called "Moclips".  Immense, wide, sandy
beaches, high bluffs covered with wind-tortured pines and undersbrush, almost
constant on shore winds.

Just a few days with family to truly get away; comfortable, run-down cabins
with no TV, cell phone, (no telephones there, either), wood fires, lots of
sleeping and contemplating the Endless Sea.

First shot I took with the R8 my spendy 77 Heliopan Circular Polarizer fell off
into the dense brush below the wood deck of the cabin.  I did find it, after a
half hour of very careful, methodical searching through the overgrown grasses
and shrubs.  Looked like there was a bear fight down there after I withdrew
with my errant Heliopan in hand.

Not a scratch.  But I learned my lesson about double checking to be sure that
it is fully screwed into the lens head.  Scared the _______ out of me.

Shot with the T2 and R8, tricky because of patches beach fog running with the
wind; R8 meter told me it was much brighter than my eyes suggested.  Took 6
rolls of Fuji 400 X print but only shot 2 due to lots of fog.

But with friends and good books and a fire, who cares about the fog?

PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS: rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx
 (for Robert Shaw Photographic Images)

I'm not working for Qwest anymore so switched to Comcast; 6-8 Mb is definately
faster than 1.5!

I hope all are having some Great Summer Moments - with or without camera and
film.

Bob (back) in Seattle