[LRflex] follow up Re: Re: maybe I'm daft but...

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:03:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Kevin Willey wrote:

>Doug and George,
>
>Given your demonstrated high expertise, if it works for you, then I would
>definitely go for it.
>
>Kevin
>Seoul, Korea
>
>On Jun 11, 2011, at 10:29 PM, George Lottermoser wrote:
>
>> Certainly interested in "it."
>> As always with consideration of price : performance ratio.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Jun 10, 2011, at 11:38 PM, Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> If someone like sigmacumlaude were to convert a Sony A900 to Leica-R mount
>>> would anyone be interested in it?  I'm assuming this hypothetical camera
>>> would be manual aperture only.
>> ------

I just received a response from Luis (sigmacumlaude) who tells me he's been
considering this conversion for his own personal use.  The only thing stopping
him is not having an A900.

He says that if I were to supply an A900 body and a signed release of liability
he can do the conversion for US$350.  If I'm understanding him correctly the
body isn't modified, it's just a replacement flange.  I'd confirm this before
committing a body to the conversion.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com