[LRflex] Re: a visit from Isabelle...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:20:20 -0800

At 1/5/2010, you wrote:
>Good Afternoon,
>I saw the portrait of this lovely little girl and had to show off one
>of my granddaughter. I've been using several Leica lenses on my Canon
>EOS 1Ds MkII for several years with great results. My problem is that
>the focusing screen on the 1ds/II is really not designed for manual
>focusing so I rarely use the Leicas when I absolutely must get the
>shot. When I have time to fiddle with the focus I love to use them.
>Some examples;
>

>http://www.pbase.com/badgerhill/leica_
>
>Harry

Hi Harry!

Good to hear your "voice"!

The detail in your granddaughter's portrait is just lovely!

Sadly, you are right .. the Canon's VF is optimized for AF, not
MF.  I switched from Canon to an Oly E3 (not in the same league as
the 1DS MK2) as I found the finder much better for MF work.

Thanks for sharing!!!

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net