[LRflex] Re: Xeximene

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 08:48:44 -0700

Charlie Falke  wrote:

>David,
>   I'm astounded you're getting results this good with negative film
>that fast.  What witchcraft are you doing in posting? :-)
>   It goes without saying the photo itself is fabulous.

G'Mornin' Charlie!

If I confess to witchcraft... will you promise not to burn me at the stake?

Actually, my methods are simple.  I use Neat Image (
http://www.neatimage.com/download.html )  to reduce the grain in the
shots.  It works very well, as it also does with tiffs, converted
from RAW files.

This was particularly useful, as the Xeximene image was cropped to
vertical from a horizontal shot... thus noticeably increasing the grain.

I hope this helps!