[LRflex] Re: Why a R10? a mere FF Pana G would satisfy me

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 22:54:19 +1100

pwerner wrote:

I posted the following on the Leica User Forum
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/digital-forum/103641-petition-leica-r10-3.html#post1101697

-------------------------------------

I signed the petition today. Status is 280 now. I have a heavy investment in R glass, including for instance the 35-70/2.8 Vario Elmarit. For the time being, and before resolving to go the Leotax path, I use the R lenses on my G1.

It would not look too difficult nor extremely expensive to build (perhaps by Panasonic) a full-format G1 with the M9 sensor. No need of AF nor IS for the base model, just be able to use existing lenses manually. If it does well, later add AF and IS and compatible lenses that would open a new lens market for Leica.

Do sign the petition here <http://www.summilux.net/r10/index.php?lang=en>. If it will not achieve anything, at least we tried our best

Cheers
Peter

I tend to agree, however a compatible reflex mount would be more enabling for existing R glass. One would have the same program modes available as on the R7, (Sorry, no experience with later Rs) i.e, the camera would be able to meter wide open and then take the shot in program mode adjusting aperture and shutter speed according to the tendency the photographer has set. The G1 is fine but it will only determine shutter speed and full manual mode is also quite awkward.

I have added my name to the petition. A full frame G1 type of camera is a step forward and it would be nice to mount R glass on it but I would not expect to pay M9 prices for it.

Cheers

--
Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx