[LRflex] Re: Was: Image Stabilized Telyt - Now: Airborne.

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 19:46:15 -0700

David Young showed:
Subject: [LRflex] Was: Image Stabilized Telyt - Now: Airborne.

>>Today I journeyed to nearby (about 40km)  Desmond Lake ... in search of
Loons, or anything else I could find.  Anyway, with nothing else to shoot
http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Airborne.htm

This shot is a bit coarse, as it's cropped from about 1/2 the frame ... I
could have shot them "larger", but I did not have Doug's UET with me, so the
close focus limit of the Telyt governed image size.  I won't make that
mistake, next time!<<<<<<<

 "A bit coarse?" Holy flying bed bugs it's AMAZING!!!  And shot with a 400mm
f6.8 lens! No matter what settings, ASA-ISO! Critters this size are tough
enough to shoot stopped, let alone on the wing with a 400mm. And here you
are almost making excuses about something being coarse and only from half
the frame!

I just gave you great praise on the duck family! Now you come back with this
flying winged alien! :-) Quite incredible considering the size of the bug.

Very fine shooting my friend! Good on you!

ted

Limited Edition Prints at:  <http://www.furnfeather.net/>
www.furnfeather.net
Personal Web-site at:  <http://www.main.furnfeather.net/>