[LRflex] Re: Walter's Scanning Comments

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 06:21:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi Walter,
   wanted to make sure I passed along a thank you for sharing some more
thoughts on Scanning and your methods. I got a little distracted by some things
and neglected to hit 'reply' as I intended. Your Cricket Batsman shot was
incredible and when I saw it I said to myself "that's what we gave up for the
benefits of digital". I will say that the Sigma SD's Fovenon sensor technology
is incredibly interesting and has some definite edges on bayer filter ones. If
they could only come up with a Full Frame iteration, I'd be exceptionally
interested, but with Sony, Nikon, Canon, and Leica, all playing in the F.F.
Sandbox, I wonder if there is room for them to break even on the effort
required.

Richard in Michigan
Having yet another Sunshine Filled Day!

Whenever you have an efficient government you have a dictatorship.
- Harry S Truman