[LRflex] Re: WAS Flavio - NOW Leica meeting in Tuscany

  • From: "FLAVIO GORI" <flaviogori@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:36:56 +0100

Eric,
I was in SF bay area in 1983 and 1993. First time during my coast to
coast and back driving my BMW R 100 motorcycle (I still use her!) and
1993 to visit some friends of mine living in Santa Clara, Berkeley and
then down to Los Angeles following the ocean road toward Big Sur, one
of my favourite. At that time one more friend was living in San Simeon
area.
We did not miss the opportunity to visit Yosemite and Sequoia N. P.
while in 1983 we went in Yellowstone, Zion, Yosemite and some more
Parks that I actually do not remember anymore.
Big time indeed. We still hope to be back in the USA someday. :-) Who knows? :-)

Today no photo, just walking and preparing a speech for Tuesday night.
I do not see other group members here around. Likely they are shooting
somewhere. Hope to see their pictures late.

Ciao! and Good Leica vision.

Flavio

On 18/03/07, LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Flavio,
> I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and am not so far from the
> northern California wine country.  I leave Heathrow for SFO on
> Tuesday.
> I hope you had a nice walk....sounds like you lead a clean and healthy
> life under the Tuscan sun!  With so much good Chianti overflowing from
> the wine region near where you live, I can only scratch my head how
> you can drink only Adam's Ale (i.e. water)!
>
> Best of health to you ;-0 !
> Eric
> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
>
> From: "FLAVIO GORI" <flaviogori@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:58:29 +0100
>
> Eric,
> do you live in U.K.?
> We were there in 2004 and 2005, driving around South England in 2004
> and Scotland the year after. Lovely places indeed. At that time I lost
> my Leica and photo fever, so I shot some p&s digital and no more. I
> have to add I shot 1 hour video with my Sony video camera for each
> year but... we have to see them yet!!!
>
> Next summer we are thinking about Cornwell though Marina (our
> daughter) would prefer Spain... So I cannot say anything yet.
>
> I am a very singular Tuscanian man: do not drink other than water, so
> I cannot share any wine discussion. Sorry :-))
>
> I am leaving for the country morning walk. Ciao a tutti
>
> fg

FLAVIO GORI
http://www.LoScrittoio.it
Edizioni in Rete