[LRflex] Re: WAS Flavio - NOW Leica meeting in Tuscany

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:46:34 -0700

Hi Flavio and Phil -

This is TOO WEIRD - while you guys were emailing about Leica
photography in Tuscany, I just flew RyanAIr R/T Stanstedt <=> Pisa and
shot five rolls of Kodak Prof. 400UC Color Neg. Film with Leica
Tri-Elmar and 90mm Tele-Elmarit.  Body was Konica Hexar RF.   It will
be a while before I post the scanned shots.

Left London on Mar 13 and returned today, Mar 15, to London.  Shot
Pisa sunrise (6:20AM) on Mar 14, and Florence sunset on same day (R/T
train between 2 cities is only 10.40 Euros).
Had meeting in between at University of Pisa Hospital.  Shot mostly
touristy stuff at the Leaning Tower + Duomo of Pisa, and Ponte Vecchio
in Firenze.  FYI roof top of Hotel Grand Duomo on Via Santa Maria has
superb view of Duomo / Tower campus.

But it is indeed a beautiful place and needs to be savored over a
longer period of time.  However I proved that Flavio's proposal is
indeed do-able.  Your proposed "Leica Traveling Campus by the River
Arno" will hopefully have more film users than what I saw - everyone
from teenager to grandpa had a small digital camera or a Nikon D-SLR.

My only regret is that I didn't have time to meet you this trip
Flavio, but hopefully I will be back in your area.

Dead tired now but still jet-lagged from leaving SF Bay Area on Mar
11, hence still on this final email before catching some zzzzzzzzz's.
Eric Chan