[LRflex] Re: Updated! OT: An M8 135mm Lens Puzzle

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:51:30 -0400

On Jun 11, 2012, at 3:33 PM, George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Richard Ward wrote:
>
>> Is this a false color issue generated by the sensor when the grass is in
>> focus  near highlights?
>> Is it a function of having a hard left to right light causing the color
>> while a backlit shot doesn't?
>
> I'd call it chromatic aberration
> common with bright white edges
> on many sensors
> with many lenses
>
> Have you tried any of the CA fixes in Lightroom (or whatever software you're
> using)?

Hi George,
I see the logic, but then why didnt the same lens do it on the backlit ballboy?
That shot certainly had bright white edges. I attempted to use what I thought
was a CA control in LR, but adjustments didnt seem to be doing a dang thing.
That's one of the reasons I've gotten so confused.

richard