[LRflex] Re: Twilight of Film Photography

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:30:44 -0800

Not sure who said this:
>>"Film is dead.  Film is dead.  Film is dead... and yet I love it and it
does things that digital capture cannot match, so I still keep on using
it."

But as usual in reality, life is merely repeating itself! ;-)

Quite a long time ago in a country way beyond the sea, I can't quite
remember the date, but as we sat quaffing a pint, Rembrandt complained
"Painting is dead.  Painting is dead.  Painting is dead... and yet I love it
and it does things that film cannot match, so I still keep on using it." :-)

And he did, but film came, stayed and will do so for sometime into eternity!
And probably a long time after all on this list are merely dust in a box!
;-)

ted