[LRflex] Re: "Top Linear Polarizer"?

  • From: "Jerry VB" <jevb+lrflex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:58:50 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, November 4, 2006 20:47, Jerry VB wrote:

> Okay, time for a little photo education; what do they mean by "Top"? You can
> see it here in this Adorama advertisement:
>

> What is the significance of the word "TOP", in reference to polarizers?

I found a B+W Filter Handbook, in it it says:

B+W Top-Pol Linear Polarizing Filter  MRC
         Linear polarization filter for SLRs and rangefinder
         cameras without beam splitters in their light paths.
         High-quality optical glass ensures excellent pictorial
         quality. B+W Top-Pol Polarizing Filters are available  appear to
         uncoated and with B+W?s proprietary MRC coating.

So, I still don't know what the "Top" term refers to. I can only guess that in
some way it refers to B+W's Linear polarizer.