[LRFlex] Re: The sun is out...........

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:42:02 +0200

Thanks David,
The picture was a pure grab-shot taken in the early afternoon, I suppose
I could try damping the contrast with PS but, unless I'm
looking for something like a colour cast I tend to leave more or less
well alone. I have done some chopping and changing on
a couple of other subjects but somehow I still think it's cheating a bit.
I'm looking forward to your steam shots  - any Case Steam Tractors
there ? they're very thin on the ground in Europe,
and look so fragile when compared with the big Fowler, Burrell and
Garrett engines. When I was very small I saw one of the last
itinerant steam powered threshing and baling set-ups used in Yorkshire,
I was told much later that this was  powered by a Fowler
ploughing engine, and that it really was as big as I remembered it.
Douglas

David Young schrieb:

Douglas wrote:

...............and so are the street musicians and buskers.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/john_dory

I like this one, Douglas. However, you seem to have the same problem I have on bright, sunny days. The shadows become very harsh. The only solution I've ever found is to shoot against the light, using the spot meter in the 'R' to expose for the face. (Of course, an assistant with a reflector works, too. But much harder to find and even hard to make work inconspicuously!)

Otherwise, a very nice shot. :)

The steam season is starting too,can't wait to be back in the UK again for 3 weeks in July.

Yesterday was the start of 'Steam Season" here, with a huge display of steam farm equipment at my nephew's farm in Cowichan Bay. With any luck a few good shots, but they won't be ready until mid-week and by then we're out of town for a week. Watch this space! :)

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
   http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
   http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm