[LRFlex] Re: The sun is out...........

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:03:15 -0700

Douglas wrote:

...............and so are the street musicians and buskers.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/john_dory

I like this one, Douglas. However, you seem to have the same problem I have on bright, sunny days. The shadows become very harsh. The only solution I've ever found is to shoot against the light, using the spot meter in the 'R' to expose for the face. (Of course, an assistant with a reflector works, too. But much harder to find and even hard to make work inconspicuously!)

Otherwise, a very nice shot. :)

The steam season is starting too,can't wait to be back in the UK again for 3 weeks in July.

Yesterday was the start of 'Steam Season" here, with a huge display of steam farm equipment at my nephew's farm in Cowichan Bay. With any luck a few good shots, but they won't be ready until mid-week and by then we're out of town for a week. Watch this space! :)

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm