[LRflex] The Violet Saberwing

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:30:40 -0800

Yesterday, I posted a shot of a Violet Saberwing Hummingbird... one of
some 2000 images shot over the last 3 weeks in Costa Rica.

Today, as I wade though the images, sorting out what to convert from Raw
and what to discard, I played again with the Saberwing photo. Instead of
reducing the size for the web, I simply cut a 400x600 pixel section from
the center. I was amazed at the detail captured using the 80~200/4 Vario
with an old SL style converter... especially considering, in an effort
to 'travel light', I'd not taken a monopod - so the shot (at 400mm) was
hand held.

Both shots can be seen at http://www3.telus.net/~telyt and then clicking
on "featured Photo"

Comments appreciated.