[LRflex] Re: Technical, Using Elpros + Cron 50 + Four thirds Cam

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:43:02 -0700

Hi  Bill.

Do you mean the 100 APO on an R8?  Of course it works great, as that is what
it was intended for.  Amazing lens on the best 35mm camera I  ever used.

If you mean on my Nikon, I just changed the mount on the lens and it is
still the most amazing lens, but you must use it in stopped down mode, and
of course manual focus and all the problems that entails on a modern DSLR
meant for autofocus and chipped, motorized aperture lenses.

Do you mean Elpro instead of vario?  I have used the Elpro made for the 100
APO and I have used another elpro on my 50 and 90 and they all work fine.
Way better than simple single element close-up filters.  I do not think you
would not be able to use any close up "filter" on the M cameras, as they
change the focus distance.  I have never used a rangefinder camera, but I
think my observation is correct.

If I did not answer your questions, give me another try.

Aram