[LRflex] Re: Summilux R 50mm F1.4 on Canon 5d Mark II

  • From: Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:12:46 -0800

Hi Gary:

Finally did the 5D MkII thing myself.

As a highly prejudiced (in favor of) the "50mm Look", I really enjoyed your
shots.

My 24-105 is "workmanlike" at 50mm.  I haven't tried the 70-200 at 70mm at
night but I suspect it will only approach but never surpass the 'lux 50 1.4.

Maybe Santa will let me have a nice, used one with a Leitax adaptor.  And, to
quote the line from "Wayne's World" - "Pretty soon, monkeys will fly out of

Thanks for sharing, Gary; I always enjoy your view of Eurekaland tand he
Mendocino Coast.

Regards,  Bob

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx