[LRflex] Re: Stone Town, Zanzibar

  • From: "Marc Dufour" <foto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 12:59:08 +0100

Hello Philippe,
You're right in all senses:
Time passes slowly, and still preserves a way of life we lost decades ago.
But, at the time, people seem as noltagic as their city is neglected.
Zanzibar has been an important link where right now ships don't even berth.
Income from tourism help, but there is no more spices trade, or just token.

Well, if yo go there meanwhile the Ramadan, as I did, things possibly seem
even a little worse ;-)
Thanks for your time and comment.
Amitié,
Marc

De : "Marc Dufour " <foto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> A : "Leica Users Group"
<lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Copie à :
Sujet : [LRflex] Stone Town, Zanzibar

Stone Town is the oldest neighborhood in Zanzibar city, the capital of the
island.
Two or three old streets, ending at a beach used an the harbour, and crammed
with souvenirs shops; the rest is trully declining and decrepit.
Its glorious past is just a memory...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Marc/People/People+IX_001/

C&C welcome,
Marc