[LRflex] Re: Something for us all to aspire to... + Parliament under siege

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 19:30:06 +0200

Hi David :-)

I had misread 14 and 15 for focal lengths ...

I now realise I was wrong :-)

Completely different: I heard the news about your Parliament being raided and feel so sorry for you our dear cousins. I hope the casualties will be limited to the current count ... fingers crossed for all of you.

Amities
Philippe

Le 22 oct. 14 à 17:10, David Young a écrit :

Actually, Philippe, the problem is getting up there, to discover you've accidentally knocked the socket off the socket driver and it's fallen to the
ground, where you both are unable to find it in the grass.

This results in using a Crescent or adjustable wrench, also known as a "knuckle duster" or "Mexican socket set". It makes for slow work and is hard on the
fingers, in the cold.

Thanks, all, for taking the time to look & comment.

David.

Le 19 oct. 2014 à 18:24, Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

The only problem is getting up there, and finding that you have a 14mm and need a 15mm and the guy on the ground helping you can't hear. ;-)

get a file and/or an I-phone ;-)

Such an impressive guy this friend of yours is David.

Amities
Philippe

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Sounds like my father-in-law.  He will be 92 in a month.

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired  Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin
himself would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson