[LRflex] Re: Some from recient trips

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:09:48 -0400

On Jun 12, 2012, at 6:09 PM, "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Somehow my B&W's look a bit dark and flat in the Leica Gallery compared to
> viewing them in Lightroom 4. Monitor is calibrated with Spyder 3, but I am
> viewing the web and Lightroom on the same monitor, so that should not
> account for the difference I see. Any suggestions? Maybe they look fine on
> your monitor.
>
> Aram

I looked at your b&w's on my calibrated monitor under controlled lighting and
they sure look flat to me, too. Nice images by the way - good content,
composition, and point of view. As for why it's contrasty on your screen and
flat online I'd start by checking that your system is still using the
calibrated profile from the spyder, but don't rule out someone using your
computer (parent, child, sibling, signifigant other, &/or roommate) turned up
the contrast on the monitor and ruined the profile on ya. Maybe the monitor
settings got rearranged on ya - especially if it's not built in a'la iMac.

Hmmm... To borrow something I learned in my Darkroom Day that applies to photo
editing: how bright and/or dim is the room you edit photos?  I learned in the
darkroom and then in the digital equivalent Lighting Matters. I Wasted lots of
time, effort, and paper, drilling that lesson home the hard way.

Let us know what ya figure out is the source.
I dont recall it being an issue with your shared images before now.

Sincerely
Richard Ward------