[LRflex] Re: Some Friday Flowers - Aram

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:38:30 -0800

Aram,

The red roses with droplets are stunning; nicely done. Looks like the 100mm was in macro mode and wide open. It is a wonderful lens and I treasure mine.

I never thought of framing a Bird of Paradise (your San Diego Wildlife Park-0150.jpg) so closely; very nice, especially because of the background.

I've had perpetual problems photographing the whole blooms (Birds of Paradise) because I couldn't arrange a suitable background no matter what I did, lying on my back, kneeling, etc.

They seem to be grown around here against unsightly backgrounds, though I know that's
my problem, not theirs.

Glad you got through the mountain passes and had a nice visit.

All the best,

Bill

On Jan 9, 2009, at 5:29 PM, Aram Langhans wrote:

A few roses from Southern California
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/jan09/flowers/ roses-0266.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/7gbhuv

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/jan09/flowers/ roses-0273.jpg.html