[LRFlex] Re: So, what's wrong with the DCS-FZ10?

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 20:24:54 +0000

Hello Neil

I always found very sensible comments about the digicams at

www.steves-digicams.com/

May be you can find reasons or models that you like.

Myself, I use an old digicam Olympus, does the job but rather point an shoot. So not really well placed to give some information

G'Day.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Leica Reflex Forum" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] So, what's wrong with the DCS-FZ10?
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 16:28:40 -0500

Hi all,

No, this isn't a request for opinions about posted images... ;-)

I'm in search of a digital camera, and find the Lumix (Panasonic / Leica)
line of interest for a number of reasons. Its 35-400 Leica zoom, Panasonic
electronics, and image stabilization are attractive. I don't need one of
the 8+ megapixel cameras, because I don't think that I'd trade the best of
them for my R5 kit anyway.

From what I can glean from the general descriptions of this camera, the
biggest drawbacks for my use would be its lack of RAW and TIFF support,
which could be unimportant if the JPEG is decent enough. However, I've not
seen a good comparative review of the FZ10 anywhere. I've found many
"owner comments", but not one bit of information about image quality (pun
intended).

Does anyone on this list have experience with this model, or any other
models in the Lumix line?

Regards,

Neil