[LRflex] Re: Smoke

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:36:35 +0200

Looks like the planet Mars is closer than ever before :-)

A wonderful shot of an unnerving threat - look after yourselves.

Cheers
Douglas

David Young wrote:

Although we, in Logan Lake, are not under threat at this time, there are presently 700 forest fires burning, within BC. Several of the largest, are within a couple hours drive of here and have forced thousands of people from their homes.

Our little valley is filled with smoke... to the point where we can often not see the hills, just 5km away.

Yesterday, at around 7 PM, our view looked like this...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Smoke.htm

As I type, it has just started to rain and the first rolls of thunder have been heard in the distance... could be an interesting night!

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net
Rodeo Photos: www.galleries.furnfeather.net
Personal Website: www.main.furnfeather.net

begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1