[LRflex] Re: Smoke

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:36:47 -0700 (PDT)

David
Very spectacular shot

------  >--
Regards
YXAndy

--- On Mon, 8/3/09, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Smoke
To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, August 3, 2009, 7:55 PM

Although we, in Logan Lake, are not under threat at this time, there are
presently 700 forest fires burning, within BC.  Several of the largest, are
within a couple hours drive of here and have forced thousands of people from
their homes.

Our little valley is filled with smoke...  to the point where we can often not
see the hills, just 5km away.

Yesterday, at around 7 PM, our view looked like this...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Smoke.htm

As I type, it has just started to rain and the first rolls of thunder have been
heard in the distance...   could be an interesting night!

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net
Rodeo Photos: www.galleries.furnfeather.net