[LRFlex] Re: Sigma 39mm -> 80mm Zoom lens???

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:52:14 +0000

David,

A Zoom that starts out with (my) mythical focal of 40mm? That's interesting!

The other day, I've considered a cheap Tamron 28mm for my R, just for the fun and lightness.

Let us know!

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Sigma 39mm -> 80mm Zoom lens???
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:42:27 -0700

OK guys... here's an oddball...

I've located a local dealer that has a used SIGMA 39~80mm f3.5 zoom lens. It's going dirt cheap and I have no illusions that it would be of high quality. But it might be rather fun to play with... sort of like taking photos with a Holga!

First of all, the 39mm focal length on the short end seemed odd, but I have confirmed that Sigma did, indeed, make such a lens. Secondly, I didn't realize that they'd made them in Leica R mounts! (I thought only Tamron had done that!)

I've got it being shipped in from an out of town store, to my local shop, so that I may have a look at it.

Meanwhile, anybody here know about/have experience with such a beast?

I'm curious!

Thanks.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm