[LRflex] Re: Roses past their prime

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:55:21 -0800

At 09/12/2008, you wrote:
Not Friday, but I took these today. By Friday they could be gone. Liked the color – still some flower color even though most of the petals had turned.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/Old_roses-9974.jpg.html>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/Old_roses-9974.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/Old_roses-9978-Edit.jpg.html

The second one is a composite of 4 images using CS4’s DOF blending.

Hi Aram!

Very interesting (and surprisingly pleasing) shots.

I am curious about the DOF blending, you mention. Do I understand it correctly, that you take 4 shots, at slightly different points of focus and then, somehow, blend them in PS-CS4?

I'd like to know more about how you did this!