[LRflex] Return to Terribly OT - Zeiss TeleTessar 4/300

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:29:57 +0200

Hello all,
Pressure of work has finally settled down a bit and I#ve had time to
play with my 4/300mm Zeiss.
Shot out of the office window, hand held at 1/2000, Canon20D at ISO
equivalent 400, lens aperture set at f4 - some heat haze - subject
distance about 200 - 250 meters.
1 full frame and a full size crop out of the lower centre.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_4168_edited_2
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_4168_edited_2_copy

I'm reasonably impressed (not excited yet) - it seems to be a very
usable lens and has excellent ergonomics, and, although it has nothing
whatever to do with performance, I think it looks good too.
I can see a little purple fringing on the bike crossbar, but I think
this is a similar effect to what David Young had on his Heron shot, and
maybe I should have put it on a tripod too. I managed to get the asking
price reduced so I'm keeping it, more tests with other apertures when I
get around to it..
Let me know what you think.
cheers
Douglas