[LRflex] Re: R-Option Update

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 08:21:13 -0700

A VERY good thing.....

I do not have any R lenses.... I never owned an R camera.... but I would
sincerely like to shoot R Digitally.....
Now, some think that using a non-auto aperture lens an easy price to pay to
shoot R glass on a N-C-or-whatever.... I am not one of those.  I really want
the auto aperture function.  Do I want AF?  Not really.  I do not need it.
What I want is a  Digital Leica ( or.... fully auto aperture N or C, I
really do not care that much) Body at a price I can afford.  Just to use the
R glass....

So if Leica offered an R body, I would surely think it out thoroughly, and
act on the great R glass out there.... at those bargain prices.

Would they go up in price fast?  Yes, I would expect that.  But there are
enough common lenses with great optical quality, that prices on these lenses
should remain pretty much under control.

If I had real guts, I would buy an R8 and use film..... but I do not want to
use film anymore.... so I wait.....

And wait
And wait...... for the

Digi-R.

Frank Filippone
Red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

   I'm wondering when you say a non-announcement on the 'R-NON-Solution'
will kill off even more of the price of used R equipment whether you
consider that a Good thing or a Bad thing?